Changing the machinery of a company requires a significant investment. Its function during the production process is essential, so its choice must be based on the working conditions and the needs that are intended to be covered.
At Makinak we take care of putting sellers and buyers in contact to make this task easier. One of the tools that cannot be missing in your business is the column drill , the ideal solution to be able to carry out different jobs in series quickly and accurately.
For us it is very important that the users of our marketplace find the ideal machinery for their company at the best price , acquiring, for example, these semi-new tools. In this article you will discover everything you need to know before buying a second-hand column drill .
What is a drill press?
This tool is the most robust and stable option when it comes to drills . With this machine you will be able to drill all kinds of materials and make perpendicular holes with a precision that is difficult to match.
Before choosing a second-hand column drill, you should know that there are different types , among which the following stand out:
- Drill press for bench : occupies a very small space and can be incorporated into a table. It is the preferred choice for craftsmen and DIY enthusiasts.
- Fixed column drill : its use is more professional, since its dimensions are larger and it is fixed to the ground.
- Radial column drill : its main advantage is that the distance between the chuck and the column can be adjusted horizontally.
- Magnetic column drill : thanks to its fixation by means of an electromagnet, this type of tool allows mobility and flexibility during drilling to increase.
The Makinak team has experience working with this type of tool, you can count on our advice before purchasing your second-hand column drill.
Operation of a drill press
Using a column drilling machine is very simple. The two movements that are made are:
- Rotational movement of the cutting tool : it is the one provided by the gears of the tool through an electric motor and that make the drill move.
- Drill Penetration Movement – Occurs when the material advances to be cut. It can be manual (sensitive column drill) or mechanical (non-sensitive column drill).
Advantages of acquiring a second-hand column drill
Buying a second-hand column drill is equivalent to buying a very useful machine at a reduced price. On our website you will find the highest quality models that will offer you the following advantages :
- Precision when making holes of the exact size you need.
- High power .
- Speed thanks to the movement of the drill towards the material through a lever.
- Great security provided by its stability.
What should I take into account before choosing a second-hand drill press?
When buying a second-hand column drill, it is worth paying attention to a series of characteristics . In this way, you can make sure that your choice was correct. We leave you some of them:
- Depth and distance during the drilling process : depending on the size of the material to be worked with, the dimensions of the machine will vary so that it can be drilled quickly and efficiently.
- Power : select a column drill depending on the use you are going to give it. If it is going to be intensive or the effort to be made is great, the power required will be greater.
- Speed range : establish what will be the maximum and minimum speed that you will need. Some models usually incorporate a regulator.
- Ease of adjustments : if you are going to use a drilling machine frequently, you will be interested in making adjustments in a simple and fast way.
Our catalog of second-hand column drills has nothing to envy to the premiere products. The precision during drilling and the ease of handling will help you to be more efficient during these tasks. We leave our advice at your disposal, contact us and we will be happy to help you.